Optimizing your campaigns is vital to achieving the best possible outcome with AdRoll Convert. If you have opted out of automating your AdRoll campaigns, you can still achieve great results manually with a little extra work.
The following recommendations are based on what we have learned from over 37,000 customers and over a decade of optimizing campaigns for every type of company.
How Can I Improve Performance?
Here are a few ways you can boost your AdRoll Convert performance:
Check your conversion audiences to make sure they’re tracking properly
- Not sure if they are tracking? Learn more here.
- One audience positively targeted per ad group
- Make sure you’re excluding audiences correctly (i.e. Discovery should exclude Consideration)
- Make sure you have all or most of the recommended ad sizes
Enable emails to reduce your overall click CPA
- This helps reduce your overall CPA
- Explore more if you are interested in sending emails.
Identify your top-performing campaigns
- If increasing performance targets did not help a campaign fulfill budget, increase the cookie duration in increments of 5-7 days
- If top-performing campaigns are fulfilling their budget, increase budgets by reallocating some of the budget from campaigns that are not performing as well.
- If a campaign is not fulfilling the total budget, increase the campaign performance targets (e.g. change target CPC from $1.00 to $1.25) to broaden your reach
- We recommend increasing targets by 25% to start
- You can set your performance targets during the initial campaign setup or change them throughout the campaign.
- Identify poor performing campaigns
- Reduce cookie duration in increments of 5-7 days
- Reduce (e.g change CPC from $1.25 to $1.00) campaign performance target
- Reduce frequency caps
- Note: This is automatically optimized for all campaigns and you can only manually edit frequency caps for web campaigns
- Reduce budget
- Gradually reduce the budget and move to higher performing campaigns
- If performance still doesn’t improve, pause the campaign.
- Test different:
- Ad creative
- Ad and CTA copy
- Landing pages
How Can I Make Sure I Am Spending My Total Budget?
Adjust top-performing campaigns first, poor performing ones last:
- Increase audience size
- Increase audience duration (e.g. Change 30 day audience duration to 45)
- Target more audiences
- Make sure to follow the one audience per ad group rule
- Add in exclusions when you target new audiences
- Increase campaign performance target
- Increase frequency caps
- Make sure you have all or most of our recommended ad sizes
- Make sure you’ve opted into Safari and Cross-Device targeting
To find out more, contact your Account Manager or log in now.