E-Commerce in 2020: A Brave New World
2020, the year of the digital-first brand, has quickly turned into the year of the digital-only brand. As businesses across the country were forced to close physical locations and scrambled to meet their customers online, not every company has been able to make it through — and not every vertical was affected the same.
To figure out the impact COVID-19 had on consumer preferences and the online economy, the AdRoll research team surveyed 2,006 consumers in the U.S. To better understand their shopping patterns, we asked them:
- How they allocated their digital spending across the following categories:
- Finance and Insurance
- Health and Wellness
- Home and Garden
- Education and Continuing Education
- Beauty and Cosmetics
- Grocery and Food Delivery
- How their spending had changed and how likely it was to change further in the future.
- And how they found and connected with the brands they chose to buy from.
What we found was that despite much of our buying habits changing during the pandemic, many of these changes don’t appear to be very “sticky” and that consumers are waiting patiently for life to return to normal.
Download our report, E-Commerce in 2020: A Brave New World, to explore what this means for your business and how you can foster a faster transition towards more digital spending.