There are so many great things about Shopify. Not only can you quickly sell your products online with its easy-to-use platform, but there are also many ways to enhance your shopping experience with Shopify plugins. With over 4,000 apps to choose from, decision fatigue can quickly become a reality when you try to determine which Shopify marketing apps are the best for your business. More isn’t always better.
That’s where we come in. We have compiled a list of the top six Shopify marketing apps essential to helping your store succeed. When it comes to marketing your Shopify store, there are also a lot of options. From email marketing to SEO optimization to advertising, “marketing” means a lot of different things. Marketing also changes depending on your goals. Do you want to increase your sales, website traffic, brand awareness? There are so many ways to go. Here are the top 6 most essential Shopify marketing apps.
1. Plug in SEO
Plug in SEO is a Shopify marketing app that improves SEO (search engine optimization) on your website. With an SEO-optimized store, you will rank higher in Google searches and increase organic traffic to your website. A strong SEO strategy is vital for a small store to compete with a saturated industry and big ecommerce names.
Best for organic marketing, here are some of the key features of Plug in SEO:
- Does a detailed search of your SEO website content, including headings, image alt texts, filters, and tags
- Identifies all SEO issues that could be limiting your visibility, sending you an email notification when a problem arises
- Clearly outlines SEO issues and solutions
- Offers a 7-day free trial, “Free Forever” package, and “Plus” package
For more information on how D2C brands can build their SEO strategy:
AdRoll is a comprehensive digital marketing platform that helps you promote your Shopify store in new, exciting ways that produce results. It combines many of the strategies that fall under the marketing umbrella, including retargeting advertising, cross-channel attribution, audience targeting, email marketing, and more. Explicitly designed for ecommerce marketing, AdRoll is one of the best Shopify marketing apps to help you reach your business goals.
Best for digital advertising and email marketing, here are some of the key features of AdRoll:
- Incorporates email, retargeting ads, and personalization into a cross-channel marketing strategy
- Helps with abandoned cart recovery by utilizing ads and email together
- Tracks customer engagement across marketing channels to help you make informed marketing decisions
- Offers customizable email templates that are easy to use
- Has features to increase customer loyalty and retention
- Bills advertising costs based on your budget with free and paid packages available
PushOwl is a notification-based Shopify marketing app created to help you win-back cart abandoners and retarget website visitors. Using its automation features, PushOwl sends personalized messages to shoppers who leave items in their cart without purchasing to increase sales. It also notifies customers of price drops, free shipping opportunities, and more.
Best for win-back marketing, here are some of the key features of PushOwl:
- Helps you target potential customers and convert them into paying customers
- Segments website visitors to send personalized push notifications at optimal times based on consumer behavior
- Sends review notifications once a product has shipped to increase customer engagement
- Offers a “Basic” plan that is free, along with paid plans based on impressions
Drip is an email marketing tool that was created specifically for ecommerce businesses. With a Shopify integration, Drip helps you increase customer engagement and store revenue. By collecting customer data across all marketing channels, Drip enables you to customize your audience, personalize your content, and send the right message to the right people at the right time through email marketing.
Best for email marketing, here are some of the key features of Drip:
- Collects shopper feedback so you can improve your Shopify store customer experience
- Recommends ways to grow business and increase sales based on your data
- Includes vast segmentation and personalization abilities and email types, including shopping cart abandonment emails
- Offers a free 14-day trial
For more information on how to build an email for abandoned cart users:
Smile is one of the best Shopify marketing apps for building a strong loyalty program. Customer retention is essential for business success. Research shows that by increasing customer retention by 5%, you can increase profits by up to 95%. Customer loyalty programs like Smile help you retain loyal customers and boost sales. Working on a points system, Smile provides various ways to encourage and entice customers to return to your Shopify store.
Best for retention marketing, here are some of the key features of Smile:
- Offers a loyalty points program that rewards customers for purchasing and creates the urgency to buy again
- Has a referral program that rewards customers for referring friends to your Shopify store
- Helps you upsell customers with VIP perks that are easy to use and customize
- “Free” package available, as well as three paid options with increased functionality
Kit is designed to help Shopify stores grow their business through social advertising. From finding your ideal customer to creating personalized Facebook ads, Kit enables you to get your products in front of the right people on social media platforms. Using artificial intelligence (AI) technology, Kit will soon become your favorite free marketing “employee.”
Best for social marketing, here are some of the key features of Kit:
- Helps you easily create discount codes to promote your products
- Provides resources for retargeting ad campaigns to win-back customers
- Manages your Instagram and Facebooks ads, email marketing, and social posts
- Drives sales and business growth through cross-channel marketing
- Free for all
For some tipis on building your social media marketing strategy:
If you are looking for the best ways to promote your Shopify store, download and start using these six essential Shopify marketing apps today. The best time to start boosting your brand and increasing sales is now!
Nick is a Lifecycle Marketing Associate at AdRoll. He’s a high-energy individual who’s passionate about e-commerce. He is currently working on launching his own Shopify store.