In cities big and small, it’s become alarmingly common to see more and more brick-and-mortar shops’ going out of business sales. Over the past year alone, approximately 9,300 shops closed their doors for good. Considering the costs associated with owning and operating these shops and the number of purchases made online, this makes sense. In 2019, e-commerce businesses made $601.75 billion, which is a 14.9% increase from the previous year. With more customers utilizing the convenience of online shopping, smart direct-to-consumer (D2C) brands are running their businesses exclusively online, making e-commerce platforms such as Shopify incredibly popular.
Shopify is an e-commerce platform that enables D2C brands to run their businesses online by making it easy to create online stores and sell directly to customers. The beauty of the platform is that there is a bevy of tools and integrations that can help these businesses reach new audiences, reconnect with past customers, build goodwill with current customers, and, ultimately, increase sales. There are more than 2,400 apps available in the Shopify App Store, which is both a good and bad thing. In a sea of apps and integrations, how can D2C brands find the one that’s best for their business? We’ve created a list of some of the best Shopify apps to increase sales.
The Best Shopify Apps to Increase Sales
Modern consumers’ philanthropic tilts have started to impact the way that businesses interact and engage with them. According to CrowdTwist’s report on brand loyalty, 41% of consumers stated donation-focused rewards programs were the most appealing. By catering to target audiences’ values, brands are in a better position to build rapport with new customers and inspire repeat business from past customers. The Change Commerce ‑ Donation App by ShoppingGives is the perfect solution for brands looking to do just that.
This Shopify app enables e-commerce brands to give their customers the option to make a donation on their behalf. These customers can choose from multiple charities and non-profit organizations that align with a business’s values on either a specific product page, shopping cart, or at checkout. A few benefits that brands can enjoy are:
- Seamless management of the donation process — from start to finish. ShoppingGives takes care of all of the red tape, including regulation oversights, donation disbursements, and tax receipts. Additionally, businesses can set donations to either a flat dollar amount or a percentage of the purchase.
- Access to actionable insights. Iterate intelligently with the help of granular data and metrics, such as average order value (AOV), conversion rates, customer lifetime value (CLV), and more. These insights can help with segmentation, audience targeting, and budget allocation.
- Greater brand loyalty. With the Shopify app, e-commerce brands can choose up to six causes to support and exclude causes that aren’t a good fit for them and their customers. As a result, customers feel a deeper connection with a business.
One of the most potent (and cost-effective) methods of brand awareness is word of mouth. The validation of someone in a potential customer’s network can carry more weight than any display ad, email, or case study. According to 5WPR’s 2020 Consumer Culture Report, word of mouth was the biggest deciding factor for consumers considering a purchase for age groups between the ages of 18-34 (93%), 35-54 (89%), and 55+ (89%). There are plenty of tools at a D2C brand’s disposal when it comes to leveraging their relationships with current customers to acquire new ones, such as referral programs.
ReferralCandy is a platform that helps e-commerce brands build out referral programs that incentivize current customers to refer or reach out to the others in their networks. The Shopify app comes with a 30-day free trial so that businesses can try it without any risk. With their Shopify app, brands can:
- Incentivize customers to promote their businesses. App users have complete control over how they reward customers, whether that be with coupons, gifts, or cash. ReferralCandy takes care of the rest with automated rewards payouts.
- Track the performance of their efforts. With ReferralCandy’s reporting dashboard, brands can monitor sales coming from referrals, website traffic, and clicks. Additionally, integrations with Google Analytics, Mailchimp, and AdRoll make it easy to get a full picture of the customer journey.
- Create a consistent and cohesive customer experience. Businesses can ensure that their referral programs mirror the look and feel of their brand by customizing everything from emails to pop-ups to landing pages.
With so many options available online, consumers are always on the lookout for the best products at the best price. That’s why reviews have taken on a more prominent role in the customer path to conversion. According to BrightLocal’s Local Consumer Review Survey from 2019, 81% of those surveyed stated they read reviews before purchasing. Incorporating reviews into a marketing strategy is an excellent method for engendering trust with potential customers. Enter: TargetBay.
TargetBay is a platform that helps businesses quickly facilitate the review process, from collection to publication. With this TargetBay’s Shopify app, brands can:
- Automate the process of collecting reviews. There’s a streamlined system in place that allows for emails to be automatically sent after every purchase and delivery.
- Collect picture reviews. Brands can diversify the type of reviews they get from their customers, which helps build trust with potential customers.
- Increase brand equity. With this integration, businesses can build FAQ sections and feature reviews prominently on their website. This helps with search engine ranking page (SERP) click-through rate (CTR) and increases website traffic and overall brand awareness.
Now that you know about some of the best Shopify apps to increase sales, check out this post on Shopify apps for D2C brands.
Since joining AdRoll in 2017, Giulianno has regularly produced content that explores how professionals can improve their digital marketing strategies and emerging industry trends. When he's not working, you can find him at Golden Gate Park training for his next marathon.