REPORT, 13 Pages
Published: Mar 2016
AdRoll State of the Industry Europe 2016
Programmatic advertising: it’s easy to forget just how new it really is. As in all industries driven by disruptive technology, programmatic advertising is constantly evolving. This year, AdRoll surveyed more than 300 European marketers across many industries to uncover how businesses are thinking about – and embracing – new marketing opportunities brought forth by this media trading technology.
- 58% of marketers believe that programmatic ads provide a greater return on investment than traditional media.
- 41% of marketers expect to increase their programmatic advertising budgets.
- Marketers invest heavily in programmatic advertising across all channels, with 70% spending 10–50% of their advertising budgets on programmatic ads.
- 52% of those surveyed are already retargeting on mobile, and 56% plan to increase this investment in 2016.
- Attribution continues to be a hot topic, with 47% of marketers saying that better multi-touch attribution modelling is the future of attribution, even though only 11% currently use this method.