Christmas can bring in as much as 30% of a retailer’s total sales—all in just one season. While this season is a great marketing opportunity, it can be downright terrifying for many digital marketers!
Here are some of our top tips to get you thinking:
Get Smarter with Segmentation
- Segment audiences based on website behaviour to make ads more personalised. Serve ads based on pages or items viewed, shopping cart items, etc. for better results.
- Create new audience segments based on data collected from your partners (Hubspot, Marketo, MailChimp, etc.).
Refresh Your Ads
- Design specific ads to capitalise on key shopper dates, like Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Retargeting Tuesday and Christmas Eve.
- Generate a sense of urgency for deals, sales, and other promotions.
- Change ads at least twice throughout the season to avoid ad fatigue.
Increase Your Advertising Budget
- Take advantage of the increased Christmas web traffic by engaging more site visitors.
- Account for increased ad costs as Christmas ad inventory demands higher prices.
- Use the web traffic increase as an opportunity to attract new customers with tools like AdRoll Prospecting.